Loyola CEL Spring 2016 Newsletter
Recent Faculty Publications
- Good Faith in Louisiana Property Law, 78 La. L. Rev. 1163 (2018).
- Professor Longhair’s Legacy, Revendicating Movables under Louisiana Law, in Northern Lights: Essays in Private Law in Honour of David Carey Miller, Douglas Bain, Roderick Paisley and Andrew R.C. Simpson, Eds., 31-65 (Aberdeen University Press, 2018) available at http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/
- Moving to Higher Ground, Protecting and Relocating Communities in Response to Climate Change, 42 Vt. L. Rev. 25 (2017).
- Tacking in a Mixed Jurisdiction, in Nothing So Practical as a Good Theory: Essays in Honour of George Gretton, Andrew J.M. Steven, Ross Anderson, & John MacLeod, eds. 162-76 (Avizandum Pub. Ltd. 2017), available at https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/
- Disseisin, Doubt, and Debate: Adverse Possession Scholarship in the United States (1881-1986), 5 Tex. A&M L. Rev. 1 (2017).
- Precarious Possession, 77 La. L. Rev. 618 (2017).
- Das Zivilgesetzbuch von Louisiana—Zweisprachige Erstausgabe mit einer Einleitung (The Louisiana Civil Code—First Bilingual Edition with an Introduction) (2017)
- Civil Justice in America: How Citizen Access to the Courts is Essential to a Fair Economy, Ctr. for Progressive Reform (2018) (with Martha McCluskey, Tom McGarity, & Sidney Shapiro, & James Goodwin).
- Seeking Climate Justice in the Common Law, in From Surviving to Thriving: Equity in Disaster Planning and Recovery, Ctr. for Progressive Reform (2018)
- Rethinking Rights in the Age of the “Anthropocene”: The Potential of a Gandhian-Informed Jurisprudence for Forging Robust Environmental and Public Health Protections, in THE GLOBAL COMMUNITY YEARBOOK OF INTERNATIONAL LAW & JURISPRUDENCE 2016, at 133 (Giuliana Ziccardi Capaldo ed., Oxford Univ. Press 2017).
Robert R.M. Verchick
- Planning for Disaster, in Climate Disaster Law: Barriers and Opportunities (Edward Elgar Pub., Rosemary Lyster & Robert R.M. Verchick eds., 2018)
- Protecting the Power Grid from Climate Disaster, in Climate Disaster Law: Barriers and Opportunities (Edward Elgar Pub., Rosemary Lyster & Robert R.M. Verchick eds., 2018) (with Rosemary Lyster)
- Inequality, Social Resilience, and the Green Economy, 86 U.M.K.C. L. Rev. 1 (2018) (with Sidney A. Shapiro)
- From Surviving to Thriving: A Disaster Resilience Report (2018) (with Rebecca Bratspies, Maxine Burkett, John Echiverria, Dan Farber, Victor Flatt, David Flores, Alyson Flournoy, Evan Isaacson, Alice Kaswan, Christine Klein, Joel Mintz, Sid Shapiro, Karen Sokol, Joseph Tomain, Katie Tracy, on behalf of Center for Progressive Reform)
- Reaching Higher Ground: Avenues to Secure and Manage New Land for Communities Displaced by Climate Change (2017) (with Maxine Burkett and David Flores, on behalf of the Center for Progressive Reform)
- Can “Loss and Damage” Carry the Load?, 376 Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A: Mathematical, Physical, and Engineering Sciences, 20170070 (2018) Climate Disaster Law: Barriers and Opportunities (Edward Elgar Pub., Rosemary Lyster & Robert R.M. Verchick eds., 2018)